Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pink Thongs, Miles, And 3 x 5 at 275

A Chinese female classmate had a heavily exposed pink thong on today. Very few things get the juices flowing like heavily exposed pink thongs. I am convinced women have no idea how they affect men. I would have been better off sleeping through those two classes.

I am listening to a shuffle of Miles (the Man), Bruce (the Boss), and Gordon Lightfoot. They remind me of how little I have done, but how much I can do.

I told this undergraduate girl that grades do not matter. She got a 90 and was worried about getting an A- instead of an A. Anyone who knew me in my previous life would laugh at my hypocrisy. (It was always more about learning the material for me though. I used to want to know. It was the knowledge not the grades.)

I bench pressed 275 pounds three sets of five. I have not been able to do that in a long time. (My shoulders and elbows are getting old.)

But I am much more impressed by this. I have always wanted to be able to sustain my heart rate above 180 for an extended period. I had teacher in high school who used to brag about how he could get his heart rate over 200 even though he was 50 and had a heart defect.

No comments: