Wednesday, March 22, 2006

An Experiment

"Learned more from a three minute record
Than I ever did in school...
No retreat, no surrender"
~the greatest American economist
The Boss, Bruce Springsteen

I wrote this on the board before Macroeconomics. I wished I had a camera to see the reactions from my classmates and the professor.

Except one colleague, no one had ever really listened to Springsteen. It made them pause and think especially the Chinese (half of the class).

It really blew their mind when I asked them to name a better American economist. There gave no satisfactory answers.

I am playing with a different deck. Playing with different decks gets you killed for cheating. Or, you never get in the game.

The proper quote:
"...Learned more from a three minute record, baby
Than we ever learned in school"

No comments: