Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Am A Pathetic Wimp

A Filipina colleague called me a pathetic wimp today. Actually she used a Tagalog word that meant pathetic wimp, but I cannot spell or pronounce it.

If it was anyone but a Filipino, I would have gotten mad.

She basically said I was sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of making something happen. It was a slap in the face, but she has a point.

There is no doubt I am pathetic, but I am still debating the wimp part. (She also said I think too much.)

ML proposed that life is about compromising. She is probably right. But I hope not. When I am the optimist, the world does not look good.

Sometimes compromise turns out to be ideal. My Dad once told me, "Son, I had dreams. Many did not come true, but I wouldn't trade any of those dreams for your mother, sister or you. " Being the dumb kid I am, I did not believe or listen to him. But my Dad does not lie about anything important.

This Dubai ports deal is pure racism. The United Arab Emirates and Dubai are more American than half of America. Congress has set progress back by fifty years. Trade is never bad. I am not very political, but I will never vote for any Congressman who voted to stop this deal. I saw John Warner was in favor, but I will find out about Allen and Goode. Congress has no right screwing with private business. There are no public goods.

No comments: