Friday, January 20, 2006

"There Must Be A 1000 Things You Would Die For; I Can Hardly Think Of Two"

This line is from the Indigo Girls' "Mystery." It is a good song. Read the lyrics.

It is easy to live when you have things that you would die for. The motto I presented in my "What I learned at Bridgewater?" treatise was: Be Smart. Be Passionate. Be Responsible. Ex ante, it is hard to tell if you are being smart or not. Being smart is a discovery process. I am religious enough to believe that we are all responsible in the end (ex post). But the passion, the unrelenting desire to succeed and pursue is what separates individuals.

To be happy, you have to be passionate. There has to be a reason to get out of bed in the morning. There has to be something to get you through the transaction. (Economically what do we call the actual transaction? What is between ex ante and ex post?)

(My new economic goal is to show that there are no conflict of interests among men through economic experiments. I will show that "communication (a form of transaction) costs are all that stands between our present state and a perfect society.)

No comments: