Friday, January 27, 2006

"It Makes Me Want To Um..."

I been talking economic philosophy all day. I say it is not enough to draw a map. Everyone else says a map is all that we can do.

I enjoy talking economic philosophy. So many people put their faith in government. I guess it is bred into us. The best government can do is mirror what individuals do. The best it can do is mirror the market. Democracy has nothing to do with individual liberty. Government cannot interfere with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I wanted so badly to make this a non-personal post, but it is not working.

"Why couldn't you be content
With the love I gave oh yeah
I gave you my heart
But you wanted my mind, oh yeah"
(the above and the title are from Joss Stone's version of "The Chokin' Kind")

This lyric scares the hell out of me.

I hope I would be content, but I certainly like the mind. I spend so much time arguing. Could this be me? (I know, love is mutual. I need to read my last post.)

No comments: