Monday, January 23, 2006

Miracles Or "Go On Downtown Baby, Find Somebody To Love"

My last post hinted at my current crisis of faith.

My faith has always been in myself.

I control my own destiny. I make decisions and face the repercussions. I get out of bed in the morning. I go to sleep at night. Rand helped me to explicitly recognize this faith, but it has always been there.

My faith requires me to pursue the Truth. Truth is God to me. God cannot be human. He cannot be known by man, but man must search for Truth (Him).

There is Truth in the Ten Commandments, and the teachings of Jesus, Muhammad, Martin Luther King, F.A. Hayek, Bastiat, Rand, Jobless, ML etc. etc. But, I have to find that Truth. I am responsible for finding Truth. I am responsible for distinguishing between Truth (God) and Lies (Devil).

I do not believe in miracles. Miracles are lies used to convince the marks. They avoid Truth. The marks want Truth, but the Liars (Devils) do not want them to have it. The Truth scares Liars (Devils).

But, look at the title to this post. Look at The Allman Brothers' recommendation to "go on downtown baby, find somebody to love" (from "Ain't Wastin' Time No More.) Is that Gregg Allman singing Truth (God's words)?

I guess that sums up my "crisis of faith."

Another line from the song: "Look inside yourself, and if you don't see what you want, maybe sometimes then you don't, But leave your mind alone and just get high."

No comments: