Saturday, January 21, 2006

Daily Rituals Without Cosmetic Psychopharmacology

I went to bed last night;
Thinking about something better

Woke up this morning;
Something was not there

Went to work;
A new day
All I could say,
"There must be a better way."

About lunchtime;
I stared at the wall
I wanted someone to come down the hall
I wanted a phone call
A pretty voice telling me lies

About a quarter 'til closing time;
Looked at my screen
It was empty
Just like me
Thought about feedback
Wanting to be great
Trying not to hate

Walking home;
A feeling hit me
First emotion of the day
Beautiful women in the month of May
But it was March and windy
A bite in the air
Wished I had more hair
Wished I could care
Don't give a shit that the world is not fair

Got ready for bed;
Wondering if it could be different
It could be
I need a dream
A dream to go to sleep to
A vision
Click your heels
It is there
No one has to know
It might be wrong
Inconsequential
Like a tree falling in the woods
With no one to hear
There is nothing to fear

Went to sleep;
Thinking about something better
Secretly hoping to wake up

No comments: