Thursday, January 19, 2006

"If You Die In Your Dreams Then You Die In Your Sleep"*

I told my Filipina colleague that having children was the most vain thing one could do.

She replied that I was trivializing the miracle of birth, that children were God's gift, that children replenished the Earth and parents' souls.

I could not argue with her.


My dream has always been to be great at something. I do not care what that something is. I just want to win.

Until I stop letting others define what winning is, I will never win. You have to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see. "It is a sad man my friend who is living in his own skin and can't stand the company."*


The thing about the great artists is that you know when they do something it is going be good. Woody Allen made some crappy movies, but they were not bad. They were worth watching. You know that you will not be disappointed when you buy a Springsteen or a U2 CD. You might have to warm up to it, but you will listen and like some of it before you throw it out.

*Bruce Springsteen

No comments: