Monday, January 16, 2006

Intentional I Guess

Woke up this mourning (intentional I guess)
Thought I had it figured out
Thought I knew what this world was about

The world was mine for the taking
But I didn't want it

The Holy Land is on fire
But it is better than my backyard

Everyone says, "you have to care"

But no one gives a damn
Unless they're in a jam

And that's the way it should be
It is the only way to be free

All I can do is hate
Everything is right there
But it is so fake

It is real easy to be dumb
A little harder to be numb
Neither is what I want to be

I have this dark passion
Its the cancerous sun
All life comes from it
But it can kill you

Some people find a way
To escape;
Escape into the night
Find a way to be right
When everyone is wrong

I can't find love
It is not for me
Give it to the proles
But it won't fool me

If I could focus
I would come after you
But I will change
My rage will be quelled
My hell will be met by my heaven
And I will not be able to tell

Left with a gooey mess
Just like all the rest

Intentional I guess

1 comment:

ML said...

I enjoyed this.