Saturday, February 18, 2006

"You're Dangerous; You Don't Know What You Want"*

How can I expect to be in a relationship when I cannot take care of myself?

I subscribed to the Mises Institute's daily article. Yesterday's article considered the legacy of Bastiat. The weekend edition consisted of a translation of Bastiat's "The Law". They are too long to read, but I am Wannabe Bastiat.

I argued with an American about Wal-Mart. He finally admitted he wanted to go back to the horse and buggy. He wanted to make everyone's decisions.

You cannot have microbreweries without Wal-Mart. You cannot have wealth without freedom.

Most people dislike people more successful than them. They cannot compete, so they bastardize the rules. Some sports writers are examples. They attack athletes not for journalistic reasons but jealousy of the athlete's superior skill.

*Before this line: "You're dangerous; 'cause you're honest" from U2's "Who Is Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?" I used to turn off the lights in my room and listen to this song over and over again. Read the lyrics. The song is one of the reasons I am screwed up. The song is about loss. But, "don't turn around." You cannot worry about sunk costs.

No comments: