Friday, February 03, 2006

I Am A Pious Bastard

It is true. I do the right thing (most of the time). I will tell people that I am right (most of the time).

This does not mean that I expect people to change their behavior to match mine. I will not coerce them to be like me. People should be able to do what they want. I should never use coercion (government) to interfere with other people who are not interfering with me.

I can still voice the view that I am right. I can also listen to others. I do not know what is best for someone else. I only know what is best for me.

The problem with most politicians (both Democrat and Republican) is they will not tell us that they are God and can make better decisions for us than we can.

"What can government do for your industry?"
"Leave us alone." paraphrased from Bastiat

"Never underestimate the power of local knowledge." Des Hautea (One of the directors of the project that pays me)

"Wrap her up in a package of lies. Send her off to a coconut isle" Adam Duritz (Counting Crows)

No comments: