Sunday, February 05, 2006

I Keep Coming Back

You cannot fake life. You cannot change the past. "There is no conflict of interests among men."

When I was in the sixth grade, I came to the conclusion that everything was everyone's fault. If I was a great scientist I could have predicted the tsunami. If I was a great preacher there would be peace in the Middle East.

It was simple logic (from a simple boy), but it has some Truth in it. I see people hurting one another. I see people who enjoy others' misfortune. I see walking contradictions. I see people whose have no answers for their actions. I see people who do not care about answers. And worse, I see people who know answers but refuse to live them. People who know a better way but will not pursue it. We must be responsible for ourselves. We must fix the problem then the blame; we all deserve some blame when the problem is not fixed.

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own
Yea your sins would be your own" from Bruce Springseen's "Long Time Comin'
(Thanks ML)

I fit into the category that refuses to live the answers I have found. It is a sad place to be.

No comments: