Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Proposal

GGM told me my last few posts have been depressing. I replied that is just me. I also told him he was the sixth person to call me depressing. The first five were women.

A colleague told me she wanted me to tell her three things that I enjoyed. I gave her some bullshit list that included Green Tea. Green Tea was just a stupid phase. If you put enough sugar (or artificial sweeteners) in anything, I will drink it.

So while I was depressing myself, I came up with this idea. It really is a social experiment that will probably depress me more, but what the hell.

I propose to watch one of the two funniest movies of all time Annie Hall or Metropolitan. I will pay for the rental of the movie, a portion of the refreshments, and provide a place if needed. (My apartment is small. My TV smaller. But I can arrange something.) My only entry requirement is you bring a single female friend who finds Woody Allen or Whit Stillman funny.

I am joking about the entry fee, but if anyone is interested, leave a comment or Email me. I will not set a date until I have deemed the social experiment a success or a failure.

If by chance you are a random reader who finds Woody Allen or Whit Stillman funny and are willing to travel to Blacksburg you can leave a comment too. Even if you find Woody Allen or Whit Stillman funny but are not willing to travel, you can still leave a comment. Shit, anyone can leave a comment if they want to. I do not care who or what you like. I appreciate the attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, ok leaving a comment.
Havent watched all of woody allen movies. One funny phrase, "we have one meal a day.....and that was a bowl of steam!"

Wannabe Bastiat said...

My experiment is failing, but my favorit Woody quote "masturbation is sex with someone I love."

ML said...

I'm in. I vote for Annie Hall.