Thursday, October 19, 2006

Announcements

Well the beautiful co-ed got on the bus again this morning. She took the one at 8:30AM instead of 8:45AM. I am sure she is scared of fat bald men asking her about the weather.

Today she is reading something called Zero. It had "biography" in the subtitle.

I wait until we both get off the bus. I am more confident standing. I ask her, "Who is that an autobiography of?" A biography called Zero must be good.

She replies, "Well, it is really a history of the number zero." I am a dumbass.

We had a 30 second conversation. She is apparently a math major and reading the book for pleasure. I am apparently in economics and think zero is a concept that changed the world.

She is very attractive. But the reality is I am not only fat and bald but old. I cannot spend any more months of my life trying to convince myself of my own worthiness. I cannot continue to fight battles I am destined to lose.


I rented, no borrowed, Paul Simon's Graceland from the library. It is quite possibly the greatest album ever produced.


I am an official member of the Society of Real Economists (SORE). I wholeheartedly affirm that demand curves slope downward, market prices reflect the indiscriminate competition of human interests, and good intentions pave the road to hell.

This is by far my greatest achievement since I finished third in my 3rd grade spelling bee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has more insight than most of the blogs I've read. You're smart I can tell, but not smart enough to know that beautiful co-eds might want a fat, bald and old guy you call yourself. If you just be your profound self maybe she will like you, if she is smart enough too.

Stephen said...

The previous poster might be on to something. Love is a strange thing and I am not of the opinion that slim people with full heads of hair are any happier than you. Sure they might churn through more relationships in a lifetime but I think that is likely to their detriment. The one thing I do know is that women are attracted to confidenent and the self-assured men. Just a smigen of arogance goes a long way.