Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Funniest Thing I Ever Did

Last year before our last exam, I wrote the following Indigo Girls lyrics on the board:

"The best thing you've ever done for me, is to help me take my life less seriously."

No one got it. No one cared. The professor came in and did not get it. Maybe I do not get it.

But tonight when I thought about it again, I laughed for five straight minutes. Knowing the professor, knowing the circumstances, knowing everything helps, but it is damn funny.

The whole event sums up life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Observation: You wrote "indigo girls" lyrics on a board for everyone to read..

Maybe it wasn't that they didn't get it, but that they were seriously concerned about what would have motivated you to do that.. haaa.

GGM

ML said...

I personally love it that the professor did not get it. It confirms what I've often thought....they really are no smarter/wiser than we are, they simply have three letters after their name. This is a fact I must not forget next semester.