Friday, February 01, 2008

Sitting In The Library Or How I Know Jeff and GGM Are Right

1. The comments in the last post sound like something my Dad or Granddad would have told me. On issues concerning life and work, they have never been wrong.

2. This guy has been sitting beside me for an hour. He keeps answering his phone. "I am studying. I am trying to get a head start on my two exams next week." He goes on to talk for another thirty minutes, and the conversation always includes "What are you doing this weekend?" I have sat here for two hours. He has been on the phone for an hour and fifty-five minutes. That kind of bullshit does not cut it.

3. Read this story. Get up in the morning and go to work. That is what you are supposed to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get up at 4:45am every morning and ride the train into the district to crunch numbers and program for 11 hours. I love every minute of it. I was selected to give a presentation on the work I've been doing for the past year for the entire organization but turned it down. Why? I don't want to be bothered with the bullshit, I've got work to do.

Some people talk about doing, some people dream about doing, some people think about why we do, and some people? Well, some people just do it and don't bother with the other bullshit. If the guy in the library had been there to do study he'd of left the phone at home. Just another snapperhead wasting time.