Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons

1. George Washington did not have to campaign.

2. One can enjoy gambling without being addicted to gambling. Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley are good examples. Vices are not vices until an individual lets them become vices. Maybe Jordan and Barkley are just lucky, but do not condemn some one's pleasure because it might get out of control. Too much of a good thing does not have to be bad.

3. I am afraid. I am not afraid of random acts of violence. I am not afraid of the world ending. I am not afraid of death. It is easy to react to these things. It is easy to adapt and handle adversity. But I am afraid of everything else. I am afraid of failing and succeeding and mediocrity. I am afraid of quitting but also afraid of staying. I am afraid of carving out my own way, but also fear being stuck on the traditional path. Springsteen's "Murder Incorporated" puts it best:

"You got a job downtown, man it leaves your head cold (oh yea)
And everywhere you look life ain't got no soul (oh yeah)
That apartment you live in feels like it's just a place to hide
When your walkin' down the streets you won't meet no one eye to eye
Now the cops reported you as just another homicide
I can tell that you was just frustrated"

This fear is a little paralyzing, but it also freeing. Maybe this is what Camus meant.

4. With all of this being said, I am very happy. I would not have my life any other way than it is right now.

No comments: