Thursday, January 28, 2010

Questions From My Childhood

1.  Whatever happened with the ozone layer?  Is it still there?

2.  Whatever ever happened to the Montreal Expos?  Or should I say what has happened to the Washington Nationals?  They always had young talent.  Now...

3.  Why do elementary schools have mascots?  We were the Eagles, but we didn't have any teams.

4.  Why does the NFL play the Pro Bowl?  I would rather watch these NFL guys play basketball or flag football or something.

5.  Is overpopulation the problem?  I see guys (here is Paul Shirley's blog post and here is the New York Times giving crap to Andre Bauer) catching a bunch of crap for suggesting this, but I used to stay up at night thinking about it.  I remember telling myself that overpopulation is the essential problem.  Too many people searching for too little resources.  I feel differently now.  But I haven't seen anyone address the underlying point that Shirley and Bauer are unsuccessfully trying to make.  I guess it goes back to the first paragraph of this post.

6.  What am I going to do when I grow up?      

No comments: