Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Politics, The Environmental Movement, And Special Interests

Every time I think this country's government is going lead us to become NAZI Germany or France, something breaks.  A special election shifts the debate.  A conservative grassroots movement reminds elected officials that most people have some conservative tendencies (in the sense that they don't want drastic change).   The competing of the special interests leads to nothing changing.  Every time I see government or environmental groups discussing environmental regulations that have uncertain short-term and long-term impacts, I start to appreciate the fact that these groups and government will never be able to get together and fully commit to anything.  

I find this very comforting.  

No comments: