Monday, January 18, 2010

NFL Thoughts

1.  Kenny Albert did not look like he belonged on TV on Saturday.  I didn't get to see how bad Nixon looked in 1960.  I am not saying other announcers are attractive.  I am not saying I would look better. I am just saying Kenny Albert didn't look human on Saturday.  At least, "Moose" wore an expensive suit.

2.  "Moose" Johnston tries so (too) hard.  It reminds me of this clip of him at the Emmit Smith roast.  After watching that game, I started listening to the Colts-Ravens game on the radio.  I think I prefer the radio.  This reverse-technology-preference intrigues me.  I think these types of preferences are going to be important to selected businesses in the future.  I guess what I am saying is audio broadcasts of games are going to stay around longer than I initially expected.      

3.  I guess I am rooting for the Vikings.  But the Saints, especially Reggie Bush and Shockey, impressed me on Saturday.  My dislike for them certainly centers around Gregg Williams, Sean Payton, and that Redskins game.

4.  Rex Ryan is following Brian Billick's Super Bowl XXXV strategy of already scheduling the whole post-season.  I like this confidence.  But I also like Pierre Garcon's DIII ties.  It should be a fun game.  I can see Ryan finding a way to get pressure on Manning.  No matter what, I think it will be a close game.

5.  The NFC Championship has a chance to be great, but it also has a chance to turn out like the Saints-Cardinals game.  It should be fun.      

No comments: