Saturday, January 23, 2010

Falling Down Or I Need To Go Back And Listen To U2's Early Albums Or Another Healthcare Post

As I took one step out of my apartment complex yesterday, I slipped on the ice feet over ass.  I saved my coffee.  I saved my backpack with my netbook.  But the top of my back wacked against the stair.  It felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat six inches below my neck.  It knocked the wind out of me, and for a minute I felt like I was going to die.  But I walked it off.

Throughout yesterday, my back felt like it was going to spasm.  I have played enough football to know that there is no structural damage, but my lat muscles are bruised and tight.  I could go to a doctor/emergency center.  They would probably x-ray me to make sure I had no structural damage.  They might even give some good muscle relaxers.  Of course, I have played enough football to know that you never go to a doctor/emergency room unless someone absolutely makes you go.  But if my wife wasn't a thousand miles away, I would have to stop complaining or do something about it.  And I do like complaining.

I am afraid this "do something about it" mentality is another one of these factors in healthcare that isn't getting enough attention.  

No comments: