Monday, January 11, 2010

Disjointed Ideas

1. I find Artie Lange, and comedians in general, fascinating. Listening to Adam Carolla's podcast should count as 12 credits to a psychology or sociology major.

2. This holiday season has forced me to go back to Phase I of the South Beach Diet. This is life. This is the rest of my life.

3. This weekend I wrapped sliced portabello mushrooms in thin cut stir-fry steak. I marinated the mushrooms and steak in some Worcestershire sauce and a little Teriyaki marinade. I then grilled the steak wrapped portabellos. They were pretty good. I dipped them in a little horseradish sauce (not Phase I approved).

4. I also made some Rum Raisin Ricotta Dessert. I mixed Ricotta cheese, imitation rum extract, Splenda, and raisins (raisins are certainly not Phase I approved). This was a nice addition to the Ricotta Dessert menu.

5. I would really like to open up a South Beach Diet-themed restaurant. It would probably be a diner-like place. I have some ideas, but they will never come to fruition.

6. Friday, I listened to a local sports radio host poo-poo Alabama's national championship. He said he felt cheated by McCoy's injury. I usually like the host, because he is a good non-sensational guy. He seems to be happy being a local non-controversial guy. But he made some comment like "Alabama will always know in the back of their mind that this championship was tainted." His comment reminded me of everything I hate about sports media. McCoy's injury was just football. You play the game. A lot of guys get hurt. But don't poo-poo winning. As my coach used to say: "I don't apologize for winning. I won't apologize for success."

7. Maybe number 6 is because I was on the right (wrong) side of this game. Here is some video. Notice I was in the bleachers recovering from a broken leg. I still think coach is right. You can't apologize for winning.

No comments: