Friday, April 18, 2008

What I See

I walk to the bus. I see people talking and texting on cell phones. I see different brands and features. I see cars. I see different brands, sizes, fuel requirements and social signals.

I do not see one kind of anything. I do not see optimality. I see opinions, some foolish, some intelligent.

Some people minimize risk. Some people do not give a damn about risk. Some people consider risk a "spice of life." Some people buy lottery tickets. Some people buy insurance. Some people buy both.

When there is no optimality, when there is no "best" answer, when we just do not know, what do we do?

I better do something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when there is no outside influence on people, what do they do? I would be willing to boldly guess that 90% of the actions and purchases of a college student are motivated by outside influence, or at least slightly for someone else's sake - ie. some sort of social benefit..

within moral standards..why not do what the hell you want to? I guarantee that you're not being swayed by those college kids.

GGM