Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Two Other Thoughts

1. One of my first sports memories is Danny Manning and Kansas winning the NCAA Championship. I remember wanting to be like Danny Manning. He was a stud during that tournament. I was indifferent about the game last night, but as a kid with my first name, the Jayhawks was the coolest nickname I had ever heard when I was six.

2. All the President's Men is getting good. It is starting to mess with my sleep pattern as I race to finish it. I am beginning to understand why Nixon was so hated. I also do not understand why Bob Dole ever had any political success after 1973. There is no integrity in politics or reporting. It reminds me a whole lot of academia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can believe this, I was too busy watching the Washington Nationals lose to the shitty-ass Marlins to catch the game. The former gambler in me wants to kick my own ass.

Have you read The Boys on the Bus by chance? It does a pretty good job of capturing what it was like for reporters to cover the '72 election. I read All the President's Men years ago and loved it, Boys is something you might like if you can't put APM down. Nixon ruled.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

I will have to check The Boys on the Bus out. I am not a political guy, but All the President's Men is great.