Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Story I Should Not Tell

Sometimes a football player, especially if he is not playing, has to piss before halftime or late in the fourth quarter. The pain hits him, but he cannot do anything about it. The game drags on, and the pain gets worse. Well if it is raining and/or cold, he just lets it go. The warmth feels good, and the mud or rain prevents anything from showing. But on those nice days, he is screwed.

A guy once told me that the secret was to let a little of it go, and this relieved the pressure and pain until halftime or the end of the game.

I was driving yesterday. I was drinking Diet Mountain Dew, and the pain hit me. There was no place to stop, and I was almost home. But it kept getting worse. The pain was unbearable, so I took the guy's advice and let a little go. It worked perfectly, and I felt much better.

This is another one of those things that I am not particularly proud of, but I am also glad I did. I feel the same way about football. These types of things make life interesting and bearable.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I think this story has more honesty in it than the entire economics profession put together.

Anonymous said...

wow. that is unfortunate. well, you know what billy madison says..

GGM

Wannabe Bastiat said...

I forgot about Billy Madison.