Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I Used To Think Cowboy Music Was The Only Thing There Was Then I Heard Thelonious Monk"*

1. I used to think that buying a Japanese car was unpatriotic and Japanese cars were destroying America, but then I read Russell Roberts' The Choice.

2. I used to think I was lazy, but I now know my laziness is heavily correlated with my mental health.

3. I used to think my mental health did not matter, but now I know it does.

4. I used to think I worked hard, but now I know other people work harder and smarter.

5. I used to think I could live life alone, but now I know other people matter.

6. I used to think this post was going somewhere, but now I know it is not. I just wanted to write the title quote and call it the best definition of Knightian uncertainty I have ever seen.

*Carmen McRae singing "The Ballad of Thelonious Monk" I cannot find the lyrics, but I suggest you find the song and listen to it about a thousand times.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I used to think that I worked hard too. Maybe it was true a few years ago but now I know that there are others who's hours put me to shame. But its like you said, mental health matters.