Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Point

I am avoiding work. But as my What It Takes post sums up, I do not know what I am avoiding. My last two posts show what I have been listening to. I have a single hair in my eyebrow that is over two inches long. I keep forgetting to cut it. It looks horrible. I do not give a damn. I have a roommate that will not voluntarily pay his rent. I have the right to exist. I am getting fatter by the minute. I want to exercise. But I have excuses. People tell me that I need to seek counseling. I do not have the time. I want to be great. I really do. But I am a realist. I am also an existentialist and a libertarian. I am twenty five years old. I dream of a time when happiness comes easy. I dream of linearity. But I see in three dimensional scatter diagrams. I have no idea what a 3-D scatter diagram is. I have always wanted to know the proper use of the ellipsis...

Well, "I will meet you at Mary's place," and I will "be the best I can."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think eventually we all see throguh our own 'tommorrow will be better' philosphy. It becomes a 'how will it be better'. Then we throw in the towel for a little while out of the frustration of calling our own bullshit. And out of realizing we are right.

Sometimes you've just got to yell to the sky "I'm doing the best I can" or just a downright gorilla yell.

I wrote this last month when I was a little pissed. I didn't finish it, title it, or edit it.. I don't fully know what it means, but it's words on paper, and I can move along.. was my version of a
'get off my back' kind of yell while I was confined to the office.. Kind of hits on some 'happier thoughts'. Maybe I'll call it "Happiness, Come easy."

"When I was in my prime,
It was a better time
Than the days of today
And tomorrow.

Many yesterdays are gone,
And memories remain,
Of a simpler life when happiness was
The only objective.

Uncertainty for the future,
And carefree thoughts
When life was still unknown,
And love was still unlost.

Now planning the future,
And remembering the past,
And remembering the thoughts that accompany
The wind blown spirit of youth.

I think of lost opportunities
Dreams unfulfilled
Knowing what you want
When it is too late to obtain.

Live for tomorrow
And you will Live.
Live for yesterday
And your life has already passed."


GGM

Wannabe Bastiat said...

I like it. Like it, yes I do.