Sunday, May 21, 2006

"Mr. Natural! What Does It All Mean? Don't Mean Sheeit..."

I had one of those conversations today. One where you realize your lack of intelligence. One where you see other people have thought as long and hard as you but came to different conclusions. At first it is depressing. You come back to Earth with a crash. But then it puts life in perspective.

I am insignificant. If I die tonight, the world would neither be a better nor worse place. I am the falling tree in the forest no one hears. I do not matter. Very few do.

I am not saying I have no responsibility. I am not saying I should go on a murderous rampage. I cannot ignore problems, but I have to look for solutions with the foresight I will probably not find them.

I keep coming back to the same issues.

"The best thing you have ever done for me is to help me to take my life seriously."~Indigo Girls' "Closer to Fine"

1 comment:

Wannabe Bastiat said...

I remember sitting at the lunch table in high school thinking everyone thinks they are better than everyone else. The Preps thought their money overruled the Rednecks. The Rednecks thought their "Country Boy Can Survive" ethic overruled the Preps. I remember laughing to myself thinking society was so fucked up. But it works.

This post was not meant to be depressing. I wanted to say life continously throws curve balls at you. Sometimes you swing through them. Sometimes you wait and drive them to right field.

The great thing about life is I do not know what tomorrow will bring.