Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Thoughts

1.  I've been working on the ol' resume this morning.  It is funny how much crap you can put on a page.

2.  I wrote down that I had an idea for a post on the NBA, but I can't remember what it is.  I am sure it had something to do with the fact that the Lakers are going to play the Celtics, and this is what the NBA wants.  I need to read Donaghy's Personal Foul: A First-Person Account of the Scandal that Rocked the NBA. (Except it didn't rock the NBA.)  Maybe I could make some money.



3.  Professional sports' officials are out of control.  But the NBA has a real problem when it has to rescind a call, so a player isn't suspended.  Why do you have a rule that if you get seven technicals in the playoffs, you are suspended for a game?  Just say that after seven technicals, you get a mandatory disciplinary review or something equally meaningless.  You can't suspend people in the playoffs for anything except punches.  This rescinding a technical is stupid.    

4.  I don't really think the NBA is fixed.  I just think it is nudged and predictably inconsistent.

No comments: