Thursday, August 30, 2007

Information Authority

Doctors and mechanics examine our bodies and cars, use their acquired knowledge, and make diagnoses. They make diagnoses and offer solutions that we could not determine on our own. This relationship depends on the integrity of the doctor or mechanic. It depends on our faith in doctors and mechanics to accurately diagnose.

I have lost faith in doctors and mechanics.

This is a scary thing.

I really think doctors are worse than lawyers. There is no integrity left in a medical degree. We need a portfolio of doctor jokes.

3 comments:

Wannabe Bastiat said...

Why are doctors smarter than lawyers?

Instead of chasing ambulances, they get ambulances to bring them patients.

I know this is a generalization about doctors, and there are some good ones. But I think the tables need to be turned.

Sam said...

I am beginning to worry that the public is now thinking the same thing about economists. I wish they only felt this way about macro economists, but I feel this recession and put a serious ding on the entire profession.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

This "distrust" was talked about a lot in London.

My personal feeling is that the public never had faith in economists anyway.

(We) Economists have done such a poor job of teaching the things that they (we) do know, that we were doomed to fail.

We (economists) are philosophers, and philosophers are always products of their times.