Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Decision That Will Probably Reverse

I care too much about the Redskins and Braves.

So I am going to stop watching them. I am going to stop checking their scores and websites. If the 'Skins make the Super Bowl, I might watch. I doubt if the Braves will make the playoffs, but they will lose in the end anyway. It is over with. This goes for NASCAR too. Dale Jr. is a lame duck. I doubt if he will ever win a championship. I doubt if he will 10 more races in his career. There is too much talent in NASCAR.

The Vick thing bothers me. The Wickman thing bothers me. Neither are worth discussing.

I could never understand someone ex ante telling you to win at all costs, then ex post telling you that there is more to the game than winning. You cannot have it both ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wickman, as much as I don't like the Braves, got shit on. Everyone blows a save, hell Wagner blew one the other day with the shitty-ass Padres.

The Washington Foreskinz on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

this vick thing really shows the vanity and fakeness of pro sports in general. in like the savior, out like yesterday's trash. can't even buy a friend - literally.

BUT anyway - this thing is just amazing. too many analogies for me to put here so I won't. maybe a few of these new stars will go way out on a limb and try to promote themselves as something we all haven't heard of in while. "Honest, not greedy, self depricating, the true "real deal". all this gang banging going on in sports is just un-fn-believable. There should be a comprehensive ethics committee that crosses all sports for uniform policies of professional athletes. Could take some of the heat off of the leagues - when needed - amongst other things.

"Comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb."

"You're only as good as your last game." Whether it's football or a dog fight where maybe some animals get electrocuted.

FYI - there's a new teacher at my old highschool that's a bridgewater grad. god help us.

GGM