Friday, July 28, 2006

"When I First Met You, You Were Larger Than Life"*

I love Wal-Mart as much as one can love a non-living being. Tonight I bought a computer, deli roast beef, sliced sharp cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, sweet Italian sausage, Carolina Pride beef bologna, an extra firm pillow, non-pasteurized apple juice, NABs, a Ghiradelli dark chocolate and expresso bar, whole wheat bagels, and Hershey milk chocolate bars for $551.08. The whole experience almost alleviated my depression. Wal-Mart reaffirms my faith there is a God. I am not even going to let the fact that $25.71 will be wasted in Richmond bother me.

No matter what the poverty expert says, White Hall Vineyards produces a fine Cabernet Franc.

*This line comes from Top Gun. The love interest says it to Tom Cruise's Maverick. It worries me Maverick is what women want. Maverick is a prick. A prick who has a difficult time looking himself in the mirror. A prick who refuses to confront his own inadequacies. Yes, he is confident, but no one is larger than life.

Of course most men have a little Maverick in them, but if these qualities attract women, what does it say about women?

I do not know. The love interest has a PhD in astrophysics, and she still cannot separate lust from love. I mean of all people, Maverick. Maverick chased after the admiral's daughter. Is Maverick ever going to be faithful? Iceman is less of a prick than Maverick.

My Dad has this saying, "If a man knew what was going on in a woman's head, his head would explode. " In other words, I should shut up.

No comments: