Thursday, July 20, 2006

Disappearing Acts And State Vehicles

I am going on a vacation. No one will miss me. No one will care. But I feel the need to post my intentions.

The office has become oppressive. Oppression is not a good thing. It is preventing me from getting through that first practice.

This university has too many state vehicles. This 2005 Ford Explorer has taken up two prime parking spaces for three days. It is ridiculous.

There is no reason that Ford Explorer should have ever been bought. I wonder what my Dad would think about a state official riding in a 2005 Ford Explorer on my Dad's buck, while he was hoping his '86 Chevy pick-up did not break down while hauling a load of apples.

He would not think anything. He would not trade that '86 for any Ford unless it was a diesel F-350. My father is a smart man who gets things done. I am not.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I can't think of anyone who is more deserving of a little R&R. You have to stay strong and avoid the office for a week. Read a book, go to the gym. If you have to do a little work go follow Elton's example.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel