Sunday, July 16, 2006

"And If You Want It Just Come And Get It"*

The concept of original sin is bogus. It a Christian cop-out. It is the basis of Christian guilt. It gives evil a moral sanction to exist. It allows imperfection to continue.

I know the difference between right and wrong. I knew it when I was a child. I know it now. I was not born to do wrong. I was born to do right. I have no excuses for doing wrong, none whatsoever.

The Adam and Eve story has been misinterpreted. When Eve ate the apple mankind began. Mankind was given the ability to recognize Truth. We were able to distinguish between right and wrong. We were no longer animals. God did not want us to be animals that is why he created the serpent. Eve eating the apple was the original gift. There was nothing sinful about it. (I am sure theologians will rake me over coals, but frankly, I do not give a damn. I am right.)

An ideal society can exist. All it takes is people doing right. Doing right does not mean sacrificing your talents in the name of a mythical public good. It does not mean maintaining a broken system in the name of the status quo. It does not mean justifying evil by calling it human. Doing right means recognizing one's own greatness and pursuing this greatness. It means being truthful to yourself.

Yes, I went to church this morning. The pastor (she was not a preacher, this church does not believe in preaching) said the same thing I said in "Everyday Low Prices." She said it better, but honestly I doubt if people understood the significance of being real. They will continue to go on mission trips because of vanity. They will continue to ignore the consequences their decisions. I guess it is the 80/20 rule. A preacher can only hope that 20% live his message.

The music still sucks.

*From David Gray's "Babylon." This is a song I would like to sing in church.

Three Good Church Songs Other Than "Babylon":

1. U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I Am Looking For"

2. The Allman Brothers' Band's "Soulshine"

3. Don Henley's "The Heart Of The Matter"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»