Monday, October 24, 2005

Words Versus Ideas

ML was chastised over the weekend for calling someone 'retarded.' My sister yells at me when I use the adjective 'queer.'

Some people think in words. They do not care about the meaning of the words. They do not care about context. The do not care about action. It is more important to sound, look, feel good than be good. They do not care about ideas.

Other people understand the limitation of words. They prefer ideas. They prefer Truth. It does not matter what somebody says; it is what they do. Pink Floyd's classic example is 'was it love or the idea of being in love.' Some people never bother to figure out what 'love' really means.

Ideas are important. Words are a vehicle for ideas. One needs to learn how to drive, but he cannot forget that driving is getting your ass from one place to another. If you have no place to go then a vehicle does no good.

I will expand on this idea eventually. I have been trying to get it to where it needs to be for a few weeks, but I am having transportation problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nessus Code Forks: GNessUS, Sussen, and Porz-Wahn
Subject: News from the Tenable talks All, Yesterday evening I spoke with Jack Huffard from Tenable regarding the choise of GNessUs for the new project name.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a voip in site/blog. It pretty much covers voip in related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)