Thursday, October 27, 2005

International Colleagues

Filipinos love taking pictures. Its an obsession I do not understand. I got roped into a photo session with some Filipinos and Chinese this afternoon.

As it wrapped up a Chinese colleague dead panned to the Filipina, "you should put those pictures on Singles.com."

You had to be there. It was really funny. I have never been able to tell a funny story.

The other day, I had the pleasure to overhear this conversation:

Albanian to Ethiopian: "There he is. The future King of Ethiopia."

Ethiopian's response: "If I wanted to be the King of Ethiopia, I should have joined the Army. I should have been a general who did not mind killing anyone who threatened my power. You need to be a mean mother to be the King of Ethiopia. A PhD is certainly not going to help you."

I am glad to live in America.

No comments: