Thursday, August 25, 2005

Fear and Two Questions

I tried to tell a colleague earlier this week that there were only two things that made me scared: talking to a beautiful woman and heavy squats. I was wrong. The fear of failure eats me like a rat would, in slow purposeful bites. I want to kick the damn thing to get it off of me, but I am paralyzed.

Karl Malone went to three NBA Championships with the motivation from this fear. Michael Jordan won six NBA titles without fear of failure. It is the difference between being good and great. As long as fear of failure consumes me, one cannot be great.

What would have happened if government did not take over money printing?

What would have happened if government did not incubate the internet?

Both of these questions are threatening to destroy my philosophical foundation.

No comments: