Thursday, August 04, 2005

AgNews Today, August 4, 2005

I have never seen so much whining in my life.

JOHANNS, FARMERS DISCUSS FARM SUBSIDIES AT MINNESOTA FARMFEST (101 AP 8/3)

Mr. Johanns, two wrongs do not make a right. It does not matter if other countries are subsidizing agriculture, we should not subsidize agriculture.


USDA PROPOSES PLAN TO UPROOT PEACH TREES, CUT PRODUCTION (102 Fresno Bee, Calif. 8/4)

US taxpayers are going to pay Californian farmers for eliminating peach orchards. What do the taxpayers get in return? Higher peach prices.


MARYLAND FARMERS OFFER IDEAS ON FARM POLICY (106 Washington Post, AP 8/4)

"Maryland farmers want ... assurances that their way of life will endure..."

I want to continue to go to school forever, look at eighteen year old girls, and basically do nothing all day. Can I get an assurance that my way of life will endure? Maryland farmers should have to watch the ESPN special on the armless and legless professional fisherman. He just wants to be treated like all other fishermen. He does not want handouts or assurances.


I could go on, but I have to act like I am doing something.

No comments: