Friday, February 05, 2010

Some Things

1.  I am sticking by the previous post.  I can see the Saints pulling this off.  I don't think Manning is as invincible as everyone seems to think.

2.  If I am ever in charge of canceling something because of weather, this will be my policy (courtesy of one of my old professors): Don't break your neck because of a class or a job or anything not important.  Use your best judgement, and we'll work it out when it is dry.

3.  "Use your best judgement" is an underrated phrase in American society.  Really allowing people to "use their best judgement" is an underrated action.

4.  I just finished this book on Alan Greenspan.  One of the better books I've read in a while.  It was a good recent history of U.S. monetary-economic policy.  It also showed that once people get into politics, they have a hard time getting out of politics.  Power does create a thirst for more power.  

5.  I started this book called The Teamsters.  I doubt if I will finish it.  It seems like a completely different time.  It seems like a completely different world.  It did make me want to ask my grandfather about his truck driving days.  I can't remember him ever saying much about unions, but my gut feeling says he wasn't a big fan.

No comments: