Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Opinion On The Decision

This post demonstrates my poor use of time, but I have to say it.

I agree with Belichick's decision. I am believer that a coach has to demonstrate confidence. There is nothing worse than a coach punting on fourth and one when a team needs a shot in the arm. There is nothing that pumps up an offense or defense when a head coach goes to them and says "It is on you."

The football season for a player is monotonous. Week after week of the same thing wears on a player and team like nothing else. You see it in high school. You see it in college. Winning helps. But the key to success, and the difference between good coaches and mediocre ones, is to maintain focus. Having a coach who demonstrates immense testicular fortitude with his decisions really helps quell the monotony and maintain focus.

Now there are a million different ways to demonstrate testicular fortitude, and I can understand some people questioning Belichick's decision. But if I am a player on the Patriots, I still want to sell-out for Belichick.

(With this being said, I hate the way Belichick interacts with the media. You can run a team without looking like a jackass 95% of the time you're on TV.)

No comments: