Monday, January 14, 2008

Some Questions

1. I am interested in knowing my employment and financial future. (Let's assume I am not a doomed economics' PhD student.) Do I look at national unemployment rates? Do I poll my family, friends, and co-workers?

2. I want to know whether Chipper Jones will get a hit in his next regular season at bat. Do I look at his career average? Do I look at his spring training average? Do I look at his average against the pitcher he is facing? Do I look at his average from the side of the plate that he is hitting? Do I look at his average in that particular ball park?

3. I want to know Sunday's weather in Green Bay. Do I look at the weather.com forecast? Do I find another forecast? Do I look at almanacs? Do I pray?

4. I want to live life. Do I ask questions? Do I base all of my decisions off statistics? Do I worry about rationality? Do I wing it as I go along?

Life is a discovery process.

No comments: