Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I Have Been Away For Awhile

But I will be back on a more regular basis now. That is my first New Year's resolution. The blog has its therapeutic effects, and in a way it keeps me accountable for my life. To make this is a measurable goal, I would like to average at least 3.5 posts a week.

I want to exercise more. I do not need to worry about structured exercise, but I need to live an active lifestyle. I need to walk, play basketball, and always use the stairs. Yes this is a repeat, but this year I will succeed. To make this a measurable goal, I would like to walk on average 3.5 mornings every week.

I want to concentrate on my career. By the middle of the year I will have a homepage that lists my resume, working papers, and teaching purpose. I will also make weekly (Wednesday to Wednesday) measurable strides on my dissertation. I will report my successes and failures to my peers and this blog.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Through out 2007, I managed 37 posts. Hats off to you for aiming for 3.5 a week. I think your right that writing can be theraputic and focusing.

This fall I got an A- in micro. I don't see how I did that well with the grades the TA gave me on the homeworks. Words fail me.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

Grades do not matter in economics PhD programs. Homework grades especially do not matter.

The whole grades thing is a joke.

Anonymous said...

Grades are worthless and are a measure of nothing. Not potential, not intellectual capacity, not even your understanding of the material you "studied."

I barely graduated from High School yet I almost got a PhD. I failed Kats math course but now make six figures. I copied every homework in grad school yet managed to get As...

It's meaningless. All of it. What matters most is how well you walk though the fire. You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics. I'll start by saving me.