Thursday, March 22, 2007

John Steinbeck To John Kenneth Galbraith

Steinbeck wants to be ambassador to Oz:

"Now Oz has another secret weapon we could well use on all levels of government and diplomacy. The Wizard of Oz is a fraud who admits he is a fraud. Can you think what this would do if it got into chancelleries and general staffs. There would be a major breakthrough. I can think of a dozen other advantages and rewards of my Embassy to Oz, but I think these two would justify it. The simple expedient of dyeing different countries different colors so we would know whether we were for or against them would be worth any outlay by our government. It is even possible that a discreet traffic in emeralds could make my Embassy self-supporting if not profitable."

I am a fraud. Economists are frauds. Am I and are they willing to admit it?

1 comment:

Wannabe Bastiat said...

John Steinbeck was a wise man.