Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Eureka

I was sitting on the toilet reading Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom when I started to think:

I do not matter. My significance in only in my head.

I either overtip or undertip attractive female waitresses. When I am thinking with my dick I overtip. When I am thinking with mind I overcompensate for my superficiality and undertip.

Being happy does not come from the lack of stress, but the ability to react to stress.

We had this saying at Bridgewater, "If he is so damned good, why he is playing D-III. " That is an important statement to keep in mind in life.

I care about things no one else cares about. The only thing I care about is myself. No one else gives a damn.

Whit Stillman's wisdom rings true:
Man at Bar: The acid test is whether you take any pleasure in responding to the question "What do you do?" I can't bear it.
Nick Smith: Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women.

Society does not stand on trust. Society's foundations are incentives, the whip, sexual desire, religion, and courage. Trust comes secondary.

I will not be afraid. Being afraid is being stupid. I will not be terrorized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.