Saturday, September 12, 2009

Morning Thoughts

1. I still don't know what to think of Jordan's Hall of Fame speech. I want to say "bitter," but I think it just showed his ambition was sustained by "slights." I am going to have to read The Jordan Rules.

2. I got up this morning and went to Hardees. A Hardees breakfast is a Hardees breakfast. It isn't healthy, but there is something very comforting about it.

3. It will be an interesting NFL season. The Patriots will win a lot of games. The NFC East will beat each other up. The Steelers and Ravens will play great defense and be around at the end. It will be interesting. I am afraid that there where will be one big blown call this year that will outrage most NFL fans. (I know these are all no-shit predictions.)

4. I wonder what will Favre say in his Hall of Fame speech.

5. This should be the most hyped "must-see-TV" weekend in NASCAR. And I don't care. NASCAR has some real problems. I think the winner of the last race before the Chase should automatically be in the Chase. I say this even though I am not a big proponent of the Chase.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Having lived here two years now, I still don't get the Vikings Packers thing. I have this feeling that the Favre deal is going to make Minnesota look pretty dumb by week 8. From a business side though, they might make back all the money from his contract back on jerseys, much less ticket sales.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

Jason Whitlock said the Favre signing was mainly a play for a new stadium and revenue. I think by the tenth game he will be insiginificant.

Yahoo Sports has an interesting commentary on Jordan's speech.