Sunday, August 02, 2009

The (Un)Fairness Of It All

The problem with Keynesian stimulus is that it has to go to someone or some group. My Blazer blew up last year before the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I don't know anyone who works for GM or Chrysler. I am not planning on buying a house for a few years, and I have kept up the payments on my condo. I might get a job with the federal government, but I am worried their hiring will slow down before I can move to Washington.

Stimulus and government programs are always selective. Some people get selected. Some people don't.

2 comments:

jeffreynutsachs said...

You're always going to get fucked, end of discussion. All of these "stimulus" packages are going to be a failure and you and I (high wage earners) are going to pay for it. It sucks but what the fuck can you do? Cry about it? Bitch about it on a blog? Sometimes you've just got to say fuck it.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

Fuck it.