Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Surprises

I realized today I had not written a resolutions blog post. I am not going to do one.

I would like to exercise more. So last Tuesday, I went to the gym to lift weights. I had been jogging, but it was raining. I lifted for the first time in six months. I did a lot better than I expected. I can still bench my weight. I could be pushing up 3 bills in a few months. I could get to 1.5 times my body weight even faster.

But I do not want that. I just want to avoid the doctor.

I feel like an adult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got my resolutiuon from the radio man.. so as to not disappoint myself.

My resolution is to gain weight and lose hair.

GGM

Anonymous said...

Dude, having just dodged another bullet from the angel of death don't put off the inevitable. A quote from my doctor hating father - it's better to suck it up and wear the gown than be wormfood in the ground.

I avoided the doctor for three days and almost wound up with spending a week in the ER. While it's good to be an adult it's also good to stay out of the intensive care unit.

Wannabe Bastiat said...

This one didn't come out right.

Instead of trying to bench 300 pounds, I am playing basketball and running in an attempt to avoid the doctor.