Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some Things (That I Forgot To Publish)

1. I used twice as much electricity last month than I ever had in three years at my apartment. Something is clearly wrong, and it is a bad time of year to get anything done about it.



2. Some times it is important to act important. Part of life is deluding oneself. A neck tie can increase my productivity. It makes feel good inside. Acting and self-delusion is part of the game.



3. I am not failing. I am just not succeeding at the pace I would like.



4. My dad says arithmetic is more important than calculus. I argued for calculus with "Calculus made the machine so your cashiers wouldn't have to know how to make change." The lesson here is we define what is important to us and move forward from there. There is no use arguing about some things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#2 seems like the placebo effect, if you know you are deluding yourself does it really work? I think that a neck tie, or formal clothing in general, might make some people productive for psychological reasons. If our environment can influence our productivity then why not our clothes?