Monday, June 16, 2008

Tomorrow Does Not Exist

1. Tomorrow is just another concept like infinity or demand or supply. It doesn't mean a damn thing. I find this comforting.

2. In the Father's Day Wiffle Ball Game, I was 2-2 with two homers. Then it rained before it was an official game erasing my stats.

3. I saw a yard sale sign that said "Moving Sale Write Here." The people were moving away because they had just finished their doctorate degrees.

4. I lost four out of seven games playing basketball. I won the sixth and seventh game, because the other guy had played hard for the first five. I guess I was waiting to "turn on the jets." I am certainly waiting for something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been taking some batting practice lately in the hopes of re-establishing my switch hitting abilities. Sadly I've come to the conclusion that I suck equal from both sides of the plate. At this point I'm batting .250, which is disappointing considering the pitching machine is throwing nothing but fast balls. The byproduct of being a "knowledge worker".

Nic

Anonymous said...

Speaking of baseball, saw my first game at the metrodome tonight. I left DC before the nationals came, so I wasn't too torn about which team to root for. I can't say much about the venue not having visited any other hmajor league parks. Anyword on how the National's ballpark turnedout?