Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Morning Slumps Turn Into Afternoon Slumps Turn Into Day Slumps Turn Into Week Slumps Turn Into Year Slumps

I had a football coach who said their were three stages of football programs. First, programs hoped to win. Second, programs wanted to win. Third, programs expected to win.

I have a colleague who talks about loneliness and how intelligence makes you lonely. She says you have to shut up and stop paying attention to the voices in your head. You have to work. You have to make yourself not lonely.

The Filipinos say you can make yourself happy. Happiness is a state of mind. If you want to be happy, just make yourself happy.

Like I said in a previous post, I focus on unimportant things. I get caught up in something and, I fall into a depression. I am unable to make myself happy. I am unable to make myself not lonely. I am unable to work. These are issues I will have to work through for the rest of my life. But the important thing is to keep expecting to win.

The biggest problem I have with my Dad is when he slips into depression, he forgets that he has been there before and gotten through it, and he will get through it again.

I will get through it. I might be crazy. I might have to admit my weaknesses. I might have to work all night, but I will get through. I expect to win.

No comments: